Carrot energy bites are a suitable snack when we need fast energy, e.g. during prolonged exercise (running or cycling), as they are rich in carbohydrates.
The recipe is gluten free, added sugar and vegan. From the quantities below, prepare 12 balls with approximately 60 calories each.
1. Soak the dates in water and blend into a paste after half an hour.
2. Add the other ingredients to the dates in a blender and mix until the desired structure (it can be smooth or with smaller pieces left).
3. Shape into balls.
– The step of soaking dates can be omitted, but they will be harder to grind.
– If we want to make the bites as a balanced meal, we replace the oatmeal with protein powder.
– Energy value 883 kcal.
– Fats 42 g (of which saturated fats 7.3 g).
– Carbohydrates 75.7 g (of which sugars 59.5 g).
– Dietary fiber 8 g.
– Protein 44.2 g.